Sunday, April 13, 2014

Back online

I'm back, after a lapse in posting.

I was away on a business trip, my first ever trip to Asia.

Because of the travel time, a one-week business trip to Asia actually takes more like 10 days:

  • I left my house early on Friday morning
  • It's a 13 hour airplane flight to South Korea from California.
  • It's a 16 hour time difference between South Korea and California, so if you leave on Friday morning, you arrive in Seoul on Saturday afternoon.
  • Forget about Saturday; you're wiped out. Spend Sunday trying to get back on your feet.
  • Then there's 5 days of work.
  • Then on the next Saturday, you can check out and make your way to the airport and head home. It's only (!) a 10 hour flight back to California, because the winds will blow you home.
  • And you get to buy back the time that you spent a week ago, so this time you leave Seoul on Saturday evening and arrive back home in California on Saturday morning.
  • But forget about Saturday; you're wiped out. Spend Sunday trying to get back on your feet.

So you end up spending 5 days traveling to and from Seoul, which means you should only do this if you're able to spend at least a week there (though one of my colleagues traveled to Seoul and only spent 2.5 days at the office; you are a better man than I am :) ).

Anyway, I'm home and unpacked, and will try to post a few pictures and thoughts as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment