Sunday, March 6, 2011

Droid

I've finally joined the smartphone crowd; this weekend I upgraded to a Droid X. It appears to be a beautiful device, very powerful and sophisticated. As with any such device, it is going to take me a while to become comfortable with it and learn how to use it.

The device is larger and heavier than my old phone, but not so much so as to be unwieldy, just noticeable.

As with most new gadgets nowadays, it comes with almost no instructions. There is a tiny leaflet that guides you through turning it on and getting to the home screen, and then there is small built-in tutorial that takes you through the next few steps. In this modern world, it seems, the expectation is that you will learn the gadget yourself, by trial and error, operating it until you become comfortable with it.

Let's see if I still possess that level of patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment